Tuesday, June 10, 2014

That's a Wrap!

I learned so much doing this project! Fashion photography is so much more difficult than it looks. Looking back, I definitely would've googled poses to give my models, because a lot of our time was spent figuring out how to make the pictures look less awkward. Also, I regret not going thrift shopping for cool pieces, because a lot of fashion photography focuses on really bold clothing items, like the following picture:
Emma Watson for Teen Vogue, August 2013 issue

I also thought a lot about the connections between this project and Christianity. In school we learn about through lines, which are ways to connect the Bible to our lives. Two of the through lines that really have to do with this project are Beauty-Creating, because God wants us to create art and connect to Him through our artwork, and Idolatry-Discerning, because there's a blurry line between loving the art and putting people on a pedestal. Like I said in a previous post, it's possible to create art out of ourselves without idolizing the model, but it can be difficult to discern between the two.

I'd really like to keep doing this, one way or another. I don't know how I can fit this into my life and the plans I have, but if I get the opportunity, I'd love to expand on what I've learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment