Tuesday, June 10, 2014

On the Edge

So this is my last photo shoot, and it was the one I was the most excited for! I wanted this to be a street style kind of shoot; edgy but kind of relaxed. The pictures didn't turn out exactly the way I hoped they would but I'm still really happy with the results!
My cousin Keziah modelled for me, and it felt weird putting tons of makeup on her since she's only 13!! She was a good sport about it, though.
Since, in my other photo shoots, I had trouble with the makeup not being dark enough, I decided to use the heaviest products I have. I used my regular foundation and bronzer, but then I used gel eyeliner and cream eyeshadow, since they go on so much thicker than eye pencil and powder eyeshadow. I also used my regular mascara since its already pretty heavy-duty.

Here are the product names and colour numbers:
Almay Smart Shade primer (despite rumours, this stuff does wonders for preventing eye makeup from smearing)
M.A.C liquid foundation in pale beige 444
Covergirl bronzer in Golden Tan 104
Rimmel Scandaleyes flex in 003 extreme black
Maybelline cream eyeshadow in Inked in Pink 55
M.A.C gel eyeliner in Blacktrack B43
Covergirl Lipstick in 825 In the Nude

We did this photo shoot in the gravel pits by my house, because I wanted two different locations: in the sand, for very bright, natural photos; and by the graffitied wall, for an edgier look. I finally got to use the tips Carmela gave me about adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to let in as much sunlight as possible, and that improved the photos sooo much!



I was so mad at myself when I saw this picture because I had been fiddling with the aperture and shutter speed and the picture was darker than I'd wanted. I managed to lighten it a bit using an editing program but its not the same :( 

To get this picture I took like a million pictures while she slowly put the sunglasses on her face, so I could get the optimum placement of the sunglasses (turns out they looked best just fully on like normal haha)

This was in between pictures, so the laugh is au naturale

No comments:

Post a Comment